Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Guacamole


I love guacamole.  Love.  I eat it for lunch a lot at work because it makes me happy and because I consider it healthy. (Yes, avocados have a good amount of fat.  But they grow on trees and are not purchased at McDonald's.  So.)

My go-to recipe is Martha Stewart's.  Here it is:

2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and lightly mashed
  • 1/2 cup minced onion
  • 1 jalapeno chile, minced (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
  • 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • Coarse salt

  • If I'm in a hurry or don't have an ingredient on hand, guacamole is very adaptable and eater friendly.  I sometimes just use salt and lime juice and I'm still okay, but I'm an avocado fan, so that is easy. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...